Listen to it like a podcast!
Have you ever had a guest presenter speaking to your industry operators, who have just really missed the mark? Perhaps they made it all about themselves and forgot that the businesses represented in the audience are the real heroes in the room. Or commonly in particular for the uninitiated, they presented at too technical a level for the audience to have any chance to take anything away to implement in their business.
Here’s an email template you can steal which you can send to industry experts who you have engaged to present to industry members.
We are so excited to welcome you present to our industry members on [insert date and time] at [insert location].
Below you will find a few ideas on how to structure your presentation to ensure the audience engages with the content and also some tips on delivering your valuable insights in a way they retain what you teach them and remember you!
A potential presentation structure to ensure engagement:
- Start with a story directly related to the presentation material. A real pain or problem the audience can relate to. This will get their attention quickly.
- Introduce yourself (if you can, in context to how you help people solve this problem).
- Let the audience know what they will learn during the session.
- Break the session into easily digestible pieces.
- When finished, remind them of what they have learnt and provide an opportunity for questions.
- Let them know where they can find you after the presentation if they have any follow up.
Tips to be memorable:
- Ask them what they want to get out of it and if you can tailor things during the presentation in response.
- Use clear, concise language. Avoid industry jargon.
- Be action-oriented. Know what you want the businesses in the audience to be able to take away and DO for themselves.
- But… only give them a few things to remember. Don’t overwhelm them with actions or opportunities.
- Draw out participation. They trust one another and can learn from each other’s problems and solutions.
- Use real examples.
- They LOVE tools. Anything that can help them D.I.Y.
- Bring energy.
We’re all looking forward to your presentation. Personally, I’m sure I will learn a lot too!
If you have any questions please feel free to follow up with me ahead of the event.
'An Absolute Must-Do'; the Book.
A concise framework to build a tourism business that people love, pay more for, and rave about.